The UCF/SVAD Film Program Undergraduate Orientation is being held on Friday, September 1st at 1pm in VAB 132*. All current and incoming students should make every effort to attend to get updates on program related activities.
Students enrolled in supported production courses should stop by the Film Equipment Room, NSC 157, to have their UCF ID cards scanned for access to Film Program production facilities. Supported production courses for the Fall 2017 semester are as follows:
- FIL 2461 Cinematography I
- FIL 3534 Sound Design for Film I
- FIL 3876C Experimental Cinema I
- FIL 4162C Feature/TV Writing I
- FIL 4301C Documentary Workshop I
- FIL 4486C Directing for Film II
- FIL 4434C Capstone I
- FIL 4566C Editing II
- Students enrolled in an approved Independent Study
- Film, MFA graduate students
A complete list of officially supported production courses and what facilities each course has access to can be found in the SVAD Film Production and Exhibition Handbook located here. An overview of Film Program production facilities in the Nicholson School of Communication building can be found here; the Visual Arts building can be found here; and the Center for Emerging Media can be found here.
* Due to the university’s facility reservation system, the current location of the Film Program’s undergraduate orientation is tentative. Please check back a few days before the event to confirm its final location.