- AJA DataCalc - An extremely useful tool for determining your file needs, based on the video and audio specs, before you begin a digital media project.
- AJA System Check – Use this handy app to check the performance of any drive on your system to ensure it is tuned for the performance you need to use today’s demanding media file formats.
- Burn - Simple but advanced disc burning for Mac OS X.
- Gimp - GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.
- Google SketchUp - A fun and easy to use 3D modeling application.
- Handbrake - Handbrake is an open-source, GPL licensed, multi-platform, multi-threaded video transcoder and disc ripper.
- MPEG Streamclip - MPEG Streamclip is a powerful high-quality video converter, player, editor for MPEG, QuickTime, transport streams, iPod. And now it is a DivX editor and encoding machine, and even a stream and YouTube downloader.
- VLC - VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols.
- xACT - Audio compression toolkit.
- Celtx - Celtx is the world’s first all-in-one media pre-production system. It replaces ‘paper & binder’ pre-production with a digital approach that’s more complete, simpler to work with, and easier to share.